The HBA Takes A Stab At: Devil!

devil2010
It has become apparent that the summer certainly belongs to horror, and here we are once again with another theatrical release that is straight reppin' the genre we all love dearly. This weekend we get a film from the mind of M. Night Shyamalan, who promises to be giving us a one way ride to the bottom floor with, Devil. I'm not sure if the horror community is clamouring for this one, but I think it could certainly be interesting. Will Devil be the road back to healing after the last few awful films that have come out of the Shyamalan camp? I'm counting on YOU for the answer, so if and when you see and do a write up for the film, leave a comment and the link to the review below and we can add her up for all to see.



Horro's Gory Reviews: Reviews to Die For! DEVIL REVIEW


A Racing Mind: Horror Review: Devil (2010)


Dr Blood's Video Vault: Devil (2010)


Cyberschizoid: DEVIL Gives Horror Genre a Lift

8 comments:

Hey! Look Behind You! said...

I'm waiting to see what the masses say before I head over to the theater.

FoolishCop said...

According to Patrick over at Raven's Barrow, this actually isn't one of Night's movies, just a story he came up with. So there's actually someone else directing and such, meaning it might actually be a good film and one I'd now consider go seeing.

I so hate Shamalamadingdong's movies that I refuse to watch them even when I can see them for free, let alone pay for them. Now that I know he's only related to the movie by having come up with the concept I may just break down and watch a bootleg copy.

Rich

Charles Gramlich said...

I'm scared to see it, not because I think it'll frighten me but because I'm thinking it might suck.

HorrO said...

Don't fear M. Night's name being on this movie. The movie was actually good, and he had little to do with it. Check out my review at www.horrosgoryreviews.blogspot.com

Dr Blood said...

My review is here: http://www.drbloodsvideovault.com/2010/09/devil-2010.html

Anonymous said...

My review is here

http://lj-30sandcounting.blogspot.com/2010/09/horror-review-devil-2010.html

Unknown said...

It was better than I expected.

Here's my review -
http://www.cyberschizoid.com/2010/09/devil-gives-horror-genre-lift.html

The Fright Writer said...

Shyalaman came up with the concept and produced but stayed well away from the director's chair.

My review is at: www.thefrightwriter.blogspot.com

HBA MASTER BLOG ROLL